Cranberry Yacht Club and Southwinds Marine are proud to be a five-anchor rated marina and part of the Clean Marine program. We encourage all our boaters to participate in eco-friendly boating practices and do our best to continually make improvements in our own practices for the benefit of our environment.
A few ways you can help out:
- Use a bilge absorber in your bilge to soak up excess oil. This will prevent it from being released into the water.
- Use eco-friendly boat soaps and products that are phosphate-free.
- Do not completely fill your fuel tank at the fuel dock and then return to your slip as cold fuel expands as it warms up and can spill overboard through your fuel vents.
- Under no circumstances should you transfer fuel, oil or solvents on the docks where they could spill into the water.
- Do your best to conserve power and turn off as much as you can if you’re going to be away from the boat for an extended period of time.
- Recycle and try to reduce waste.
For more information on the Clean Marine program please visit the Ontario marine operators website at: http://www.marinasontario.com/clean_marine.asp